Formed in 2019, the HELPING PAWS FUND is based on the belief that family pets should have access to veterinary care regardless of their owner’s financial situation. This fund seeks to aid eligible pet owners by giving charitable gifts which can offset the financial burden of emergency care when the pet has a positive prognosis.
The actual grant amount will be considered on an individual basis and fund availability at the board’s discretion. Funds can only be used for care at Pennsauken Animal Hospital. Follow the steps below to apply for assistance:
Download and complete an application form below
E-mail the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Copy of last year’s tax return filed with the IRS
- Copy of a recent pay stub / unemployment income
- Proof of Social Security or Disability income, if applicable
PLEASE NOTE: applications received without the required documentation will not be presented for approval. NO EXCEPTIONS.
You will not be considered for assistance if any of the following conditions apply:
- You have applied for CareCredit and Scratchpay and provide proof of approval/decline
- You are applying for assistance for routine care such as spay/neuter, vaccines or routine check-ups
Below are the requirements for funding approval:
- The animal must be a family-owned pet with a good history of routine care
- The illness, injury or condition must be a treatable, yet urgent, condition with a good prognosis following treatment.
Owner agrees to set up a payment plan for any balance owed and will repay any remaining balance one Helping Paws funds have been applied.